Mobridge Regional Hospital has an opening for a full time Clinic Coder in our HIM Department.
Reviews, analyzes and assures the final diagnoses and procedures as stated by the practicing providers and valid and complete. Accurately codes clinic procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement. Ensures proper completion of the Electronic Health Records (EHR) and proper assignment of the ICD-9-CDM aand ICD-10-CDM codes.
- Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges.
- Receives clinical information to properly bill provider services for hospital patients.
- Supplies correct diagnosis codes on all diagnoses provided
- Supplies correct code on all procedures and services performed
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues.
- Audits medical records to ensure proper coding is completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Maintains all mandatory in-services as well as compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct. Reports compliance issues appropriately.
- Determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete.
- Quantitative analysis - Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required, and all other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Qualitative analysis - Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Reviews the records for compliance with established reimbursement and special screening criteria.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code.
- Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma.
- Medical Coding Certificate (RHIT or CPC is preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer competency.
- Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Principles, practices and methods of current coding certificate required.
- Modern office practices, etc.
- Knowledge of billing practices required.
- Knowledge of medical records.
- Extensive knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA), and the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of diagnostic and procedureal codes.
- Must have good math and communication skills
This position must be able to commuinicate in a professional way with other staff, physicians, and a variety of people outside of the organization. Works in a open office, so it is necessary, to maintain a strict level of professionalism and confidence at all time.
Interested appicants should apply with an application and resume.