Mobridge Regional Hospital is looking for a full time Cook. Looking for someone with an excellent work history and commercial cooking experience. The hours are 5:30 or 6:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M or 11:00 - 11:30 - 7:00 P.M. depending on the day and shift needs.. Weekends and Holidays are on a rotating basis.
Must have excellent oral communication skills as well as basic math ability. Good organization is necessary in order to meet various timelines.
The cook is responsible for preparing meals, working with and delivering food according to the nutritional needs of the patient/resident, providing food and customer services to patients, residents, guests and personnel while maintaining high stands of quality, sanitation and safety.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
- Supports the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
- Prepares and dishes quality food accurately and attractively according to diet and set menu.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it pertains to food service.
- Performs tray set-up, service and clean-up of all kitchen areas.
- Ensures proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment, food and supplies.
- Food temperatures are maintained at proper levels during preparation, and service.
- Assists patients,residents, guests and personnel with menus, questions, complaints and concerns, with compassion. Provides special requests foods as able.
- Understands and strictly adheres to modified diets and works as part of a team to ensure patient/resident nutritional well being
A. Responsible to: Dietician and Dietary Manager.
B. Interrelationships: Associates, visitors, residents, patients and families.
C. Supervisory: No supervision responsibilities.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with patients/residents, personnel, visitors and possible government personnel.
- May work beyong normal working hours, and in varying duties when necessary.
- May be subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g. severe weather, evacuations, post disaster etc.)
- Attends and participates in continuing educational opportunities. Will maintain Food Safety Certification.
- Is possibly subjected to injury from falls, burns from equipments, odors etc., throughout the workday as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants and other air contaminants.
- Works as a liason between dietary and patients/residens, their family, support departments etc. Is participatory in the specific dietary needs involved.
- Is subject to high temperatures and humidity in the kitchen area.
- Material and equipment used: Sharp knives, meat slicer, steamer, oven, stove, dishwasher, blenders and other food preparation equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with people of all ages, backgrounds and needs in a positive understanding manner.
This position is eligible for the full benefit package from Mobridge Regional Hospital, which does include Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Bereavement leave, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, paid retirement plan, life insurance as well as Flex Medical and Flex daycare.
Apply online and feel free to contact Keri Wientjes, Human Resources at 845-8171 if you have questions about this or other positions here at Mobridge Regional Hospital
Mobridge Regional Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.